Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday, Monday

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and ready to go! I have one secret knitting project done and a second to be finished tonight. In the works are slippers for my father-in-law, Rogerdad. At this point they've been knit and now they just need to be felted. They look like two ginormous oven mitts. No kidding.



After they are agitated in the washer they will be perfect! Nice and soft, warm and thick. Even better is that when he wears the soles out of these I can simply knit new ones to be sewn onto the bottoms. The last pair of slippers Rogerdad will ever need. :)

More crafting ahead: I'm thinking there will be a few more dresses in the works for Emma since she has decided she must wear a dress at all times. The best part is she only wants to wear the dresses I made for her. I can't tell you how proud this makes me.

Other new stuff: Emma has finally decided to introduce herself on her own. Little girl obviously knows what her name is, but if anyone ever asks her, "What's your name?" she just parrots the question back to them. No response from her. Maybe she was just being coy or playing hard to get. Either way, on Friday, she decided to tell a nice lady that her name is Emma. Now, if she ever manages to say her last name it will be a miracle.

No comments: