Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Alive and Well, Happy Fourth!

Hi, it's Lisa.

We're all alive and well now in Salt Lake City (Sandy, actually) getting settled in. So far we've been visiting some old haunts, finding new ones and unpacking. With Miss Emma going to bed at 7:30 there hasn't been much time during the week for wild times but our first weekend we went hiking with the dogs. This past weekend we had to come back to Cheyenne to get the last of our stuff from the house and paint the house, too. Fun fun! Of course, we know Morgan and power tools so he thought the paint sprayer was pretty cool and I'm just thankful he didn't try to paint more than the house. *phew* Though we do have some odd blue leaves in random places thanks to Brian. hhmmmm...

This week I'm actually in Cheyenne with Emma and Dad since Bea's mother passed away and she needed to go back to Iowa. Dad just isn't doing well and I'm glad we have time to spend together and that I can be here to help him. For those of you that don't know, my Dad has been diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis or Lou Gereg's Disease (spelling??)) and each day is a little harder than the one before.

Tonight we watched the fireworks from the front porch but it was so gusty and chilly Dad went to bed before they were over and I got a nasty headache from the wind blowing in my ears. Eeack. Anyway, I really should be off to bed, just wanted to catch ya all up on what's been going on in our world. :)

No comments: