Monday, December 03, 2007

Get Well Footies

A while back I bought some malabrigo in this fun colorway, Tigerlilly, to use when I needed a pick-me-up. When I came down nasty with a cold a few weeks back I decided it was time for a bit of fuzzy indulgence and get-well knitting. I finished one footie and started to feel better so I left the second undone. Apparently that was just leaving the door open for me to get sick again (which I did, right after Thanksgiving) so I had to finish the other one to keep from getting sick anymore.

Emma spies me using the camera and must come in for a closer look.

"Look at me! I have to be in the picture, too, Mom!"

Pattern: Cabled Footies from One Skein
Yarn: 1 hank of malabrigo in Tigerlilly
Modifications: I did a short row heel on these and a rounded toe. I think it's called a star-toe but I'm not sure. (It's when you *k6, k2tog* repeat for one round, knit one round, *k5, k2tog* repeat for one round, knit one round...)

I really love this pattern and it's the third time I've knit it. I'm not much for doing the same thing twice but this one is a winner in my book. It's fast, pretty, wearable and warm. When I showed them to my husband he asked me who they were for. "Me!" I said. "About time," was his response. :)

1 comment:

KMF said...

I really like the color of that yarn. It is very pretty. They also look nice and warm! And I just think it is hilarious that the little miss Emma has to be in the picture, sounds like something Nick would do. Love, Erica