Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Held Hostage

I have come to the realization that the crafting powers-that-be are holding my stuff hostage.

Exhibit A: About two months ago I ordered yarn to make a lovely sweater for my husband. Now, after two attempts to procure it and ordering mishaps, I still do not have said yarn.

Exhibit B: I ordered three knitting books that were shipped over a week and a half ago that have still not arrived.

Why, you ask, would my new stuff be held hostage? What makes me think such a devious plot is underway? Well, I have a theory that until I complete some of the projects I've begun I will not be allowed to have any new stuff. Kindof like a child that hasn't eaten it's green beans, I can't have more until I finish what i have...or at least make a reasonable amount of progress.

In the spirit of cooperation I have been working on the quilt I started last month that is still in pieces on the guest bedroom floor. All I have to do is put the border on and the top will be done.

Now, let's see if my stuff arrives in the mail today....

No comments: