Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Red Red Hat

Two knitting projects in two days!

Don't be fooled, I'm not knitting at the speed of light but I am finally finishing up projects that have been languishing for months.



Pattern: Urchin by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Fiamma by di.Ve
Modifications: I knit the large size and only did 6 repeats of the wedges instead of 7 repeats. Also, because I was being lazy, I used a three needle bindoff to finish the job. I hate grafting.

I love this yarn but it's been hating me for almost two years now. All my other attempts to knit it into something have failed terribly but because of the colors I couldn't give up. This pattern finally let me put this lovely wool into something wearable and I'm thrilled! My husband hates hats and even he was impressed with how good it looks. That has to be a good sign.


Now, let's see what I finish up next. Should it be socks for me or Emma's sweater?

No comments: