Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Waiting & Celebrating

Just to answer your first question: No, Widget hasn't been born yet.

I've been asked about a million times:
"Are you ready yet?" ...I can't even answer this one anymore without wanting to smack someone...
"When are you going to get that baby out?" ...don't you think if I knew that we'd all be a lot happier and relaxed?...
"Are you still here?" ...No, I'm just fat...

On the up-side, just yesterday a HUGE box arrived from Cathy, Morgan's mom, with tons of stuff in it for Widget and I had the greatest time going through it all. Hehehehehe. When Morgan came home I had to show it all to him and I love seeing him smile over baby stuff. *sigh*

In the meantime we've been celebrating the day we all thought might never come: I've graduated with my Masters in Economics.

Saturday was the day I should have waddled across the stage but instead we looked at new houses closer to Morgan's work (no real need to be up here now that I'm done with school and work) and then went out to a nice dinner with my Dad and Bea. Dinner was quiet and relaxing, just what I needed, and Dad and Bea gave me a beautiful diamond pendant necklace as a gradation gift. It's gorgeous and I was most definitely surprised.

This week cards came from my friend, Kristin and my Grandma Jean & Grandpa Butch saying congrats and I was really touched that they took the time and thought of me.

Our lives are moving forward so quickly and I have to admit that I'm a little scared. I'm officially out of school, Morgan and I are about to become parents and we're looking at buying a new house about 15 min from his work. It's exciting and at the same time terrifying. I'm doing my best not to be a big chicken, but if we do move I'm really going to miss seeing my Dad so much...

No comments: