Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Some Goodies


Still out of batteries for the camera but in lieu of my usual poor pictures I have one from my camera phone. Yesterday I had to bake cookies and drink coffee. Just *had to*. It's all part of my diet plan. And yes, I am doing pretty well. Officially, I have 9 lbs left to go before I get back to my pre-pregnant weight. Whoo hooo!

Mostly, I just wanted to share with y'all the best chocolate chip cookie recipe out there. For ages I used to think that I couldn't bake and after many sacrificial offerings of burnt bread, pies, flat cakes and crappy cookies I have learned I can bake some. This is by far the best simple cookie recipe I have found and I vary it by doing milk chocolate chips, white chocolate or peanut butter and using vanilla instead of brandy. Give it a whirl and see if you like it.

Another good one is this Crustless Spinach Quiche. I made it on Sunday for the third time and everyone loves it. :) Just in time for lunch!

No comments: