Monday, January 14, 2008

I will survive!

1. I am alive. I have survived the first week and a half of my new job and even though I am exhausted, I am sure I will survive. (And yes, that song is running through my head right now.) Talking with my best friend in Alaska last night, she gave me some great support since she also teaches. It's comforting to know that I am not the only one who has felt lost, stalled for time, had to go look up the answer because I wasn't sure how to explain it and felt the cold terror of 108 people staring at you expecting you to know all the answers. "They had to be desperate to hire me," I say. She says to me, "Nah, you're just a bad @$$ and they can tell." Oh, how she makes me laugh. And smile. :)

2. Emma has decided her New Years Resolution is to learn to use the potty... a lot! When her Daddy decided that she needed pull-ups to properly work this whole thing out I grimaced and went along with it. After all, it's easy for him to talk the talk but I am the one who has to walk the walk with our little girl 90% of the time. We went to buy her some yesterday but the only kind they had in her size were boy's. No worries. My daughter loves trucks and trains so much that she was thrilled with them. To my (very relieved) surprise she's really taken to her new "panties" and is doing awesome. She even went #2 on the potty! A first ever, today!

3. Morgan thinks maybe he should fly helicopters instead of work on cars. Do I know where this is going? No.

4. There has been no knitting, sewing or crafting of any kind in this house. I made cupcakes last week and that's about as good as it gets. All my spare time is spent cleaning or working on lectures.

2 comments:

KMF said...

Good luck with it all! I feel so busy just being pregnant and taking care of Nick, too. I couldn't imagine trying to work right now. Thank god I don't have to. We are going to get Nick a potty chair in the next couple of days. He seems ready to try, we'll see. Have fun at work, we are thinking of you! Helicopters huh?

Jessica said...

Lisa, I am sure you are a great teacher, actually the fact that you care so much about it proves that you are awesome! I was lovely to see you and if the playgroup thingy is happening this friday Id love to stop by, but if you need a rest and some quite time that cool too!