It's been a wild year and I have absolutely no idea what will come our way in the next 365 days. In honor of what has been and what I want to see, I present the 2007 accomplishments and the 2008 hopefuls.
- Emma started talking: first with sign language, then with words and finally whole sentences.
- Morgan started working at a new dealership.
- I got my dream job (and I'm terrified but putting on my poker face).
- Emma started giving kisses and hugs.
- We moved into a new house in a new city!
- Morgan finally got his 2-car garage and a shiny new air compressor to play with, too.
- I discovered that some gyms have day care and Pilates is a mommy's best friend.
- Morgan and I went to Alaska for a week and had an awesome adventure together.
- I've learned that friendship is an amazing gift that we often overlook, but if we are lucky it will still be there when we open the door again.
- I've found a new sense of my own strength in what I know I can do and how I can handle even the hardest of things.
- I've come to appreciate the intricate workings of marriage and what it means to pledge your life to someone.
- I discovered Papa Murphy's pizza and poker nights at home.
- I knit my first two sweaters. One for Emma, one for myself and the one for Morgan is underway.
- I have sewn three dresses for me and three for Emma.
- I will do my best to be a great teacher.
- I will help Emma learn and grow into the sweet child I see in her.
- I will be the best wife I can be.
- I will knit my husband a sweater (or two)!
- I will be grateful for the little gifts life brings and be open to them.
- I will train to run a 5K race as much as my knees will allow.
- I will look for adventures and seek out the new.
- I will get my passport renewed.
- ...and I will not dye my hair.