Friday, February 29, 2008

Le Bebe Bonnet

Tell a knitter you're having a baby and you know the first thing they're going to do. My hands hovered over the yarn to make baby booties for Holly's little bundle of joy but when common sense hit there was little else to do. I knit a hat instead.

You see, Holly is having a little girl who is due to arrive in April. Not exactly the wool booties or warm hat season. I remembered finding a pattern that used the same yarn I have left over from a shawl I knit last year. So, viola! An Emli Bonnet was cast on and knit in a few days time.


Pattern: Emli Bonnet by Alison Hansel
Yarn: Jager Trinity (a silk & cotton blend) in a soft pink

I think this baby hat looks like a flower fairy's hat with the embossed leaves pattern flowing down from the top and the picot bind-off gives it that little extra frilly. Absolutely perfect for a brand new baby girl.


I didn't make any modifications to Alison's pattern, I just stopped before all the increases were done because the hat looked plenty long to me. Here's hoping I'm right.

Holly's baby shower is tomorrow and I hope she thinks it's as adorable as I do. Thanks, Alison, for the cute pattern!

1 comment:

alison said...

It's beautiful! What a lovely, subtle color. Great job!