Friday, May 02, 2008

The Urge to Serge!

Okay, there really wasn't any serging, but I had to use that as a title just for fun.

Yesterday the sewing bug bit me hard and I just HAD TO sew something. Since Emma now has a dress and nightgown fetish, I thought it would be nice to make her a few nighties from a pattern I picked up...for $.25 at a second hand store. I am so thrifty some times I impress myself. *big smile*

Anyway, the Cotton Shop has their striped and polka-dots knits on sale so we dashed down there and bought three super-cute fabrics to make nightgowns. Emma also has a thing for polka-dots. No idea where she got it. *ahem*


The nightgown is cute and huge. I am pretty sure Emma will be able to wear it until she goes into Second Grade. Based on her excited reaction when she first saw it, she might even try to.

As a side note: my very own cute and handy decorating idea is indoor clothes lines. Two nails and a length of thread make the perfect display set. You can clip pictures, fabrics, ideas or sewing instructions. It's so very handy when you need to free up table space but still have a way of checking pattern directions often. I'm planning to put one up in an empty hall space we have to hang Emma's drawings on. The fridge is getting waaaaaaay too crowded.

Now, if you will excuse me, it's nap time for her so I'm going to go sew myself a shirt. Ta ta!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

you continue to amaze me!