Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Today's List


My list of things I like and don't like today:

Of course, there is this small dilemma. Do I start with the good or the bad or mix them? Since I hate ending a post on a bad note I'll start with them.

I do NOT like:

1. Snotty noses on kids...or anyone else for that matter. I don't know if Emma has a little cold since I have a little cold, too, or if her pet allergies are getting worse, but her nose runs like a faucet and of course, like all little kids, she hates having her nose wiped. (How was that for a run-on sentence?) *sigh* I knew this was coming since the day I was pregnant but the whole snotty nosed kid thing just makes me recoil in horror. Always has.

2. The search for the next house. I know I should be jumping up and down in joy to have a home instead of this apartment but I'm not. In all honesty I really don't hate this apartment, I just wish it were a little bigger. The house hunt is just begining and I want to shove my head under my pillow and stay there. It's such a pain to work at house hunting when Emma has her own ideas about what times are acceptable and will loudly protest in the car for the whole 60-plus mile round trip if I don't take her schedule into consideration. It feels like it is all on my shoulders to find the house because 1. Morgan needs to spend his time working to feed us and 2. we have very different ideas about what kind of house is acceptable to live in.

Now, onto the good stuff. I LOVE:

3. This yarn I bought on e-bay a few months ago and I've been scratching my head over it since trying to think of what to make of it. Finally, my endless Internet searching for new patterns to knit revealed this pattern. I am currently knitting it up into the most gorgeous hat the world has seen...and yes, there will be pictures posted when I finish it. :)

4. I love that Emma loves books. Little girl will drag her books all over the house, read them to herself, read them to me and, best of all, come sit in my lap when she wants me to read to her. There is no bribing or begging like there is when I want kisses or hugs, just her coming up and plopping her little self in my lap to be read book after book after book. I am so happy that she is fascinated by books and I can only hope it's a habit she will keep. Talk about making a mama proud.

So, I'm off. Miss me!

No comments: