Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Good



The knitting has been going well and more is underway.

In the department of finished projects I have this cute little toy ball (it rattles!) I knit for Emma and she loves it. This girl has an unnatural love of spherical toys and every time she spots one anywhere she exclaims, "Ball!" They are by far her favorite. :)

Details
Pattern: Toy Ball from Knitted Toys
Yarn: Red Heart Sport weight (nothing special here)
Time: about 2 days to knit and sew it up

For those works in progress: I'm about 65% done with the Equestrian Blazer and I've just finished the back of a sweater I'm making for Emma. With that much progress you'd think I'd be crunching to finish them first but that would be the sensible thing to do. Instead I've just cast on to make the Central Park Hoodie. Now, hear me out. I've booked a flight to Anchorage in August to visit some friends up north and I think the hoodie would be so perfect for fall weather in the Arctic. Given that, I'm going to do my best to finish this hoodie up so it can make the trip with me. "Does it really take you 2 1/2 months to make a sweater?!!?," you ask. The answer is I have no idea so I'd better just start now. The picture of the purple-ish yarn is what I'm making the CPH out of. :)

Stay tuned. Next we will have postings of the ugly sewing project.

No comments: