Saturday, August 11, 2007

Central Park Hoodie

I have been a busy busy bee this week and this is the last of my projects to show you before my trip...maybe.

My Central Park Hoodie!




And yes, I know I am no good at taking pictures but I do try.

Pattern: Central Park Hoodie from Fall 2006 KnitScene Magazine
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heather in Lavender #2422, 7 1/2 skeins
Needles: US 6 & 8
Modifications: My gauge was a bit smaller than the pattern's so I knit a size 44" bust but it's closer to 40". I knit the body in one piece and the sleeves in one piece so I wouldn't have to seam them. Excellent! I also made the ribbing on the cuffs only 3" instead of 5" because it just seemed like too long of a cuff. The buttons are iridescent shell buttons and I would have preferred wooden ones but I just didn't find any that struck me. This hoodie is probably going to need a strip of ribbon behind the button holes to stabilize it but I haven't gotten that far and I might never. All in all, a lovely knit that went fairly quickly. This is my first finished adult sweater and I am rather pleased with it. :)

Now I'm ready to go to Alaska!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I love your hoody. I wish I could knit like that. Unfortunately, I work full time and take care of the baby on my own during the week then Patrick is here on weekends. I wanted to know if you are in the Salt Lake City area still? I know this probably seems crazy, but I may be there for a conference the last week of Sept. and Bridgett is still nursing. My husband can't come and neither can my mom. So, I was wondering if maybe I could pay you to watch Bridgett for me during my meeting? Crazy I know, but at this point I am up a creek. Let me know. Thanks! Sarah pandabug.blogspot.com