Thursday, June 12, 2008

A little distracted...

I totally meant to post this about half an hour ago but I got sidetracked by the Summer issue of Knitty that just came out this morning. I can't wait to knit this and this and this. Patience has never been my strong suit so as soon as it comes out I have to tear through the whole issue immediately like a kid on Easter morning intent on eating all of her candy RIGHT NOW!

Moving on...Yellow Duck is done! At long last, he can make his official appearance in all his fully-limbed glory. He was meant to be an Easter gift for Emma but she discovered him before I was done so I lost my motivation to finish him.



When our friends, Ben, Erica & Nick, came to visit (way back in April) Mr. Monkey teased Yellow Duck to no end about not having arms. After that I just couldn't stand to listen to his pitiful little quacks as he begged for arms. He just wanted to be like all the other stuffed animals, he said. Two weeks ago, his day came.



Pattern: Duck from Knitted Toys by Fiona McTague Yarn: Red Heart Sport
Mods: I knit the body in the round and the body and head in one piece to avoid that whole floppy neck thing that sometimes happens when you sew the head onto the body. And, of course, Yellow Duck has a red heart stitched on his chest, just like Mr. Monkey.

No comments: