Friday, March 23, 2007

ADD in a knitter

So, many years of school and a couple of degrees later I have run into a problem I never knew I might have. I swear I must have the knitter's version of Attention Deficit Disorder. To my shame, I began a new sweater for Emma yesterday. "But, Lisa, why is that a shame?" you ask. Because I already have one sweater, a summer wrap, a knitted toy, a pair of cotton slippers and a pair of fingerless mitts already on the needles. Now really, that's a bit ridiculous.

At the same time, I have no will power when it comes to yarn. Emma and I went to the local yarn shop to visit a bit and kind of say good-bye since we close on our new house right after we get back from our trek to Colorado and won't be stopping by again (unless I choose to make the 80-mile round trip drive to visit...which I might on rare occasions). I bought more yarn for more projects. In my defense, it was Cascade 220 and therefore relatively inexpensive for 100% wool. Oh, and I bought a mondo-skein of cheap-but-oh-so-soft-and-cute yarn to make Emma's new sweater from when I stopped by JoAnn's earlier that morning. See? No will power at all.

So, I'm off to do lots of laundry, pack our bags and run away to Colorado to visit family for a week. See you on the other side!

No comments: